Are you thinking of deep cleaning your home but don’t know how to begin? If so, you can work your way through these tried-and-tested 10 home cleaning tips and hacks to make home cleaning easier for you:
- Unclog your sink using baking soda and vinegar – The time comes when your sink has had enough of gunk and needs to be properly unclogged. A popular formula, baking soda and vinegar is an effective way to clean that clogged sink.
- Use lemon and soapy warm water to sanitize your cutting board – A dirty cutting board could mean trouble when it comes to food preparation. Cut a lemon in halves and scrub it on your cutting board, then wash with warm water and soap.
- Remove faucet stains using lemon – Over time, faucet and shower handles accumulate stains and watermarks. Using lemon, you can give them a good scrubbing and make them like new again in no time.
- Clean your microwave by steaming – To remove gunk from the walls of your microwave, boil water with a little vinegar inside for a few minutes until you get steam. When it steams, you can easily wipe the stains off using a microfiber cloth.
- Pickup broken glass using bread – When glass breaks, it could be really messy and dangerous, so pick up those tiny pieces using leftover bread. Save your feet from injury and quickly remedy this problem with this simple bread hack.
- Clean window blinds with water and vinegar – Blinds are a pain to clean because it involves so many creases. Using a 50/50 formula of water and vinegar, wipe your blinds clean using an old cloth for an immediate clean.
- Use an old toothbrush to clean creases – For hard to reach areas, like in between computer keyboards and mesh grills, you can save an old toothbrush and use it in the future for a more detailed cleaning.
- Wipe ceiling fans with the help of a pillowcase – Ceiling fans are a mess to clean since they shed dust on the floor. To solve this problem, use an old pillowcase and slip them on the blades while you wipe, so they won’t make a mess all over the floor below.
- Vacuuming the right way – To make the most out of your vacuum cleaner, take your time and vacuum slowly when doing carpets. Do a vertical sweep and then follow with a horizontal sweep to get rid of stuck dirt and debris.
- Schedule a cleaning plan – In the end, it’s you who should know how much your home should be cleaned and how often. So, create a cleaning plan, mark it on your calendar and have the discipline to stick with the schedule.
Remember, it’s easier (and more fun) to clean when you apply some creativity onto it. So, clean with what you have using these home cleaning tips and hacks. If you need help, give us a call and our team would be happy to help with your cleaning needs!